Wood Wool and Animals
Along with its other uses, wood wool is a great option when choosing the right bedding or padding for your animals. The aim of this article is to sum up all the information you need to know about this particular usage of wood wool.
What animals is the wood wool good for?
Wood wool makes a fantastic bedding for small rodents, birds, poultry, dogs as well as for bigger animals like ungulates, cattle or some exotic animals too. In addition, it can be used in transport of live shellfish to create a damp living environment.
What are the benefits?
● It is free from dust and chemicals
● It absorbs liquids (dries out a wet animal) and odours
● Keeps your animals warm thanks to great insulation properties, high volume and large surface area
● Improves animals´ hygiene and overall well-being
● PEFC and FSC certified
● Eco-friendly and biodegradable
● Change the bedding once a week
● Store the wood wool in a dry environment and away from direct sunlight
● Once used, you can compost it or use it as a mulching material
By choosing wood wool for bedding for your animals, you contribute to keeping the cleanest possible environment for them to live in.